Kanye West has reportedly been sued by German singer-songwriter, Alice Merton, who says one of her songs had been sampled on rapper’s Vultures 2 album without permission.
The singer-songwriter said Kanye sampled her 2022 song Blindside without permission while recording Gun To My Head, which features Kid Cudi on a recent compilation.
READ ALSO: Kanye West Stands His Ground; Says No Apology For Jay-Z And Beyoncé Amid Legal Threats
According to the suit, Merton stated that she became aware of the sampling after the rapper previewed the track at a listening party in December 2023.
She noted that Kanye did not ask for permission ahead of the recording and only reached out for clearance in February 2024. Merton said her publishers declined the request at the time because Kanye’s “values” were contrary to theirs.
READ ALSO: Jay-Z And Beyoncé Weigh Legal Action After Kanye West Targets Their Twins In Shocking Rant
They added that Merton was a descendant of Holocaust survivors and did not want to be associated with Kanye, who had made hate speeches against minority groups.
The complainants said the song did not feature on the initial tracklist for Vultures 2 but appeared on the album’s digital deluxe edition.
READ ALSO: Kanye West Drops New Song Featuring Diddy and North West
Last year, Kanye incurred the wrath of an artiste known as Ozzy Osbourne, who took to social media to call out the rapper for sampling one of his songs without permission.
In February, Kanye retracted unruly comments he published on his X (Twitter) account against some minority groups.
READ ALSO: Amber Rose Claims Ex Kanye West Dresses His Women To Be Desired By Other Men
In a post on Wednesday, February 19, he stated that he was “not a Nazi,” upon some reflections. The post followed some anti-Semitic social media posts the Gold Digger rapper had made in the previous month.
His previous unguarded comments led to the deactivation of his X account and his talent company also rejecting him.
READ ALSO: I’m Not Nazi: Kanye West Retracts Anti-Semitic Comments
On Sunday, February 9, 2025, he was very active on X, trolling his long-time enemy, Taylor Swift. One of his posts was also slapped with a “potentially sensitive content” warning message.
From calling out industry figures who turned their backs on him, attacking white people and Jews, labeling himself as a Nazi, and calling for the freedom of jailed rapper Diddy, he let it all out without caring about any consequences.
READ ALSO: Bianca Censori And Kanye West Heading For A Divorce
In the last days before the deactivation of his X account, the musician and producer spent time sharing everything and anything on his mind.